Quantcast
Welcome

Mrs-O.com is a blog dedicated to chronicling the fashion and style of First Lady Michelle Obama. Founded September 2008.

Community

Search
Social

Facebook

Twitter
BOOK

« Power Purple | Main | Kennedy Center Honors »
Thursday
Dec062012

J.Crew Blues

The first family attended the annual National Christmas Tree Lighting in Washington, D.C. this evening. For the occasion, Mrs. O dug deep into her closet, wearing a J.Crew blue tweed coat from January 2009, previously seen here. The first lady layered light trousers with a blue cardigan, an ivory scarf and a statement necklace. Joining in on the fun: Neil Patrick Harris and Rico Rodriguez!

Even better in video:

Reader Comments (11)

This is SO chic! I love the look.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM | Unregistered CommenterErinScandalous

Even though the link did not work for me, I remember that coat well. It was one of the few times I thought MO missed the mark. But it looks marvelous this time around! I love that she's recycling so much these days. And the girls look wonderful - great clothes on them. Everyone looks relaxed and happy.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 11:06 PM | Registered Commenteroperafanatic

waaah, video link didn't work for me... However, I vaguely remember the lunch with Adrian Fenty and his wife, who is also named Michelle. Michelle Fenty was also a very attractive, well-dressed woman, as I recall.
Here is the New York magazine "look book" on Michelle Obama - a nice mix of styles and photos of Mrs. O!
The Michelle Obama Look Book 2012

Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM | Registered Commenterisonprize

The all look like they had fun tonight!. They look festive! You can't see it in this pic, but Mrs. O wore her green inaugural gloves as well.

Thanks Ison, I'm about to take a walk down memory lane right now!

Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM | Registered CommenterNyon

Everyone looks great! I am a guy and have shopped more a J Crew over the past 4 years under the influence of FLOTUS. The Huffington Post link works.

Friday, December 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM | Unregistered CommenterTHC1

I love the pairing of the blue with ivory. And the girls' coordination makes a great picture!

Friday, December 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM | Unregistered CommenterKathie

Mrs. O wore the coat on another occasion as well: http://mrs-o.com/newdata/2009/11/11/marking-veterans-day.html It's much better without the belt!
I know we've seen Malia's jacket previously, but I still love it. It takes a very extraordinary young lady to carry off three shades of orange together.

Friday, December 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM | Unregistered Commentera MI Mom

I loved the coat and dress when I first saw them back in January 2009 and I loved the look last night.
@ Nyon, I saw the green gloves last night also. I think they went well with all of the other holiday colors.
Mrs. Robinson looked great too!

Friday, December 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM | Registered CommenterSoccerNana

Thanks Mrs. T for the video.....priceless!
The whole family is so stylish and chic. I just love that they are not afraid of playing colors. @ MI Mom, I agree. She did it well, all while wearing a yellow sweater and black pants! Take a look on TOD. You'll see Sasha's cap is actually her sister's cap that she wore to the Tree Lighting ceremony in 2009! Super sweet family!

Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM | Registered CommenterCharlene in Detroit

Mrs. O looks awesome! Aren't we lucky to have such a fashion-forward First Lady? I'm so glad she didn't bow to the pressures to conform to what others thought a First Lady should dress like.

Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM | Registered CommenterStrong Foru

Beautiful combination my FLOTUS. the girls look really age appropriate. I like it.

Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM | Registered CommenterLydia McCray

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):