Quantcast
Welcome

Mrs-O.com is a blog dedicated to chronicling the fashion and style of First Lady Michelle Obama. Founded September 2008.

Community

Search
Social

Facebook

Twitter
BOOK

« Must Read Mrs. O | Main | Back to Business »
Sunday
Nov112012

Veteran's Day

The Obamas and Bidens honored our veterans at Arlington National Cemetery today. In his remarks to the crowd, the president commended Mrs. O and Dr. B for their efforts through Joining Forces: "...thanks to the hard work of Michelle and Jill Biden, some of our most patriotic businesses have hired or trained 125,000 veterans and military spouses."

On the style front: Jill Biden dressed in blue, matching her dress, coat and pumps. Mrs. O opted for basic black and white, adding a dash of flair with a dotted bow blouse, previously seen here.

P.S. As observed in the comments, please also note the first lady's hosiery and Mary Jane pumps!

References (1)

References allow you to track sources for this article, as well as articles that were written in response to this article.

Reader Comments (22)

I love FLOTUS' shoes, they're some style of Mary Janes

Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM | Registered Commentergailers

Both ladies look classy. Approrpriate looks for the day. Thank God for another four years and the veterans.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM | Unregistered Commenternjmrso

Nice! Wonder if this is a long cardigan? Love the opaques with the shoes and the outfit. Blouse is very pretty! So appreciative of all our veterans!

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 7:19 AM | Unregistered CommenterAuntie Mom

Hosiery! Nice touch.

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM | Unregistered Commenterladywatcher

Love the outfits! Love the fact that we have four more years of FLOTUS fashion. Mrs. T, I think you should publish a book covering the first four years and your favorite comments. I would certainly buy. Thank you to all our citizens in the military and veterans past.

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM | Unregistered CommenterTHC

American politics is so much more interesting with the Obama's and the Biden's at the helm. Both ladies look sensational.

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM | Registered CommenterJestina ( London, England)

Mrs. O's all black attire is perfect for this day. Mrs. Biden's coat, dress,
shoes, absolutely stunning blue. Wish I could get a better look at dress.
Is it floral? Also, if you can wear those high heels very elegant, go for it.
I tried running in one recently and............you can fill in the blanks. Even without stockings I must add very complete look.

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM | Registered CommenterFern Gullie

Both ladies look great! Mrs. Biden is really stepping up her game! Look at the color on that coat and her shoes are awesome.

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM | Registered CommenterStrong Foru

I love that Mrs. O shops in her closet just like we do. I love seeing things for the 2nd or the 3rd time. Is this the first time we have seen Mrs. O in hose?

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM | Unregistered CommenterClaudia S

I must say these ladies always look lovely. Mrs. Biden always looks elegant and polished but predictable and Mrs. O - well she looks elegant, polished but unpredictable. What a surprise to see her in black hosiery. She just looks stunning. Did you notice how warmly they embraced each other on election night. I think that just adds to their individual and collective beauty.

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM | Unregistered Commenterdasie

Michelle and Dr. Jill are an unbeatable team. Women are the new strong!

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM | Unregistered CommenterPM Savannah

Jill Biden looks like the first lady and Michelle Obama looks like the second lady! Lol

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM | Unregistered CommenterIslander

Inverted pleats on the skirt sort of fit her style lately. And the stockings and mary janes are a nice change.

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM | Unregistered CommenterKathie

I am a huge fan of President and First Lady Obama. I follow your blog regularly and often recommend it to others. Your blog is a great inspiration to mine: www.caniwearthattowork.com
Michelle

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM | Unregistered CommenterMiss Bain

Always have loved this idea of following our lovely First Lady's style......wondering if anyone has thought to do that with Jill Biden? She is a great representative for her age group and shows us a young, spirited, graceful and elegant style, too. Ideas anyone?

Monday, November 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM | Unregistered Commenterjan

Hope you will continue for the next four years.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 4:55 PM | Unregistered Commenterbsorin

Many of the outfits you wear are ok. Many are not.

I love you, but somethings' missing.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM | Registered CommenterLydia McCray

I did not notice the Mary Janes - very stylish!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:02 PM | Unregistered CommenterMrs 2S

Dear Jan, I agree that it would be a lovely idea to include more photos of Mrs. B. She and Mrs. O are together so often and they represent very different types of style. They complement each other so well. Mrs. O - always with a surprise twist to the outfit; Mrs. B. more traditional. What fun! Why am I in such a happy fashion mood? Oh, I know! We won the election!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 6:53 AM | Registered CommenterJoanne Stelling

Both ladies look lovely.

@Joanne, YES WE DID!!!!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM | Registered CommenterNyon

I L.O.V.E. Dr. Biden's all-blue look!

Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM | Unregistered CommenterThumper

This will probably not be approved but it has to be mentioned. I have liked every First Lady's fashion choices but not Mrs. Obama's. I simply cannot understand why she so frequently ruins outfits by putting a belt over them.
What is worse is that she keeps putting the belts right underneath her breasts and not where her waist is. No one's waist is right beneath one's breasts. I like Barack Obama very much and I'm glad he was re-elected. He also seems to be a man of elegant taste. However, I cannot in honestly say that his wife shares that sense of elegance. Thanks.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 12:43 AM | Unregistered CommenterCarys J. Jackman

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):